I remember it so clearly. Being in a relationship, my whole life being tied to this one guy. When that ended in shambles, my whole world fell apart with it.
And this happened for several relationships.
Why? Because I tied my self-worth into someone else’s view of me. Not my own.
When I started to actually work on my self worth and having self-love, my whole world changed. I no longer sought validation in others but rather sought validation in myself.
If you are new to this world, that is okay. Below are a few tips to get you started towards independence, self-love, and self worth.
- Daily Affirmations- say it, write it, do it daily.
- Unfollow people on social media that do not make you feel good
- Follow others on social media that are uplifting and do actually make you feel good
- Read Personal Development- pick up that dang book girl
- Do something nice for yourself, whatever this means to you
- Daily Gratitude- I recommend writing 5 things down everyday, small things
- Forgive yourself
- Accept where you are now
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Write a love and warming letter to yourself
Hope this helps ❤ What are some things you have used to help practice self-love?